Hakodate Shio Ramen
Hakodate City is known for its light and lively salt-seasoned ramen.
While it's on the lighter side, the salt seasoning is punchy, and with the perfect amount of pork back fat to give it a silky richness. Among the toppings, the unique and fluffy "fu" stands out. This ramen topping is wheat gluten and is only found in Hakodate ramen!
- Boil 430 ml of water
- Open lid (without removing completely)
- Place toppings in light green packet on top of noodles
- Pour boiled water up to line, seal lid and place orange packet (soup) on top to heat
- Break up noodles and pour in, mix soup (orange packet)
- Empty and submerge purple packet contents into soup and you're ready!
Did you enjoy the ramen? Let us Know!
Feel free to tag us on Instagram @5AMRamen. Or email us at if you have questions or need help!