Kyoto Shoyu Ramen
Did you know that Kyoto is also famous for its ramen?
This style of Kyoto ramen is seasoned with a bold soy sauce (shoyu), carrying a wonderful richness via pork back fat (“seabura” in Japanese). There's also a generous amount of bright green Kyoto kujo negi - these are special spring onions directly from Kyoto!
- Boil 430 ml of water
- Open lid (without removing completely)
- Place toppings in blue packet on top of noodles
- Pour boiled water up to line, seal lid and place red packet (soup) on top to heat
- Break up noodles and pour in, mix soup (red packet)
- Empty green packet contents into soup and you're ready!
Did you enjoy the ramen? Let us Know!
Feel free to tag us on Instagram @5AMRamen. Or email us at if you have questions or need help!