Yokohama Tonkotsu Shoyu Ramen
This lip-smacking ramen hails from Yokohama (South of Tokyo)!
Tonkotsu (pork bones) are boiled for hours and hours to give the broth a creamy white flavor and color. A strong soy sauce (shoyu) seasoning give the broth a salty jolt and changes the color to brown. In this instant ramen, you get three sheets of seaweed and fresh spinach...just like in Yokohama!
- Boil 430 ml of water
- Open lid (without removing completely)
- Place toppings in red packet on top of noodles
- Pour boiled water up to line, seal lid and place light green packet (soup) on top to heat, wait 5 minutes
- Break up noodles and pour in light green packet (soup)
- Add seaweed from clear light blue packet and you're ready!
Did you enjoy the ramen? Let us Know!
Feel free to tag us on Instagram @5AMRamen. Or email us at if you have questions or need help!