Toyama Black Shoyu Ramen
Toyama is known for its jet-black ramen!
As you'd expect, the black colored soy sauce (shoyu) is bold, salty and a bit sweet. This style of ramen was meant be a source of fuel for blue collar workers in the area. You get a packet of spicy pepper that charges the broth even more. Add as much as you like of this condiment.
- Boil 430 ml of water
- Open lid (without removing completely)
- Place toppings in purple packet on top of noodles
- Pour boiled water up to line, seal lid and place dark green packet (soup) on top to heat
- After 5 min, break up noodles, pour in green packets, stir soup
- Add blue (spicy pepper) packet as you like
Did you enjoy the ramen? Let us Know!
Feel free to tag us on Instagram @5AMRamen. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need help!